リンちゃんのHow to learn English part 3
Now it’s time to focus on your reading.
- Borrow a book from our library. There are books for all levels and some of them include activities. Try the activities on your own then check your answers with the answer key (you can find the answer key below the books). Moreover, after reading a book, try to write a short summary using some of the new words you learnt.
- Read articles, news, or blog posts in English. Choose one that suits your interests and level of English. These are some websites you can use:
- https://breakingnewsenglish.com/ Choose your level and do some of the activities available for each article. (All levels)
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround This website has easy and short articles about current news. (Beginner level)
- http://chooseyourstory.com/Stories/ Choose a category and a story. Start reading and making decisions about what happens in the story! (Intermediate and advanced levels)
- http://dreamreader.net/ Select a text from the “Academic English” section where you can choose your level. Every lesson comes with audio, a worksheet and a quizz. (All levels)
- Re-read the texts included in your student book and workbook. Pay special attention to the new words you learnt. Do you remember what they mean? Can you make a sentence with each new word? Pay attention to the text structure too. What is the title? What are the headings or sections? What is the main idea? Finally, try to write a summary of the text using the new words you learnt.
- Read a book, then watch the movie! This not only improves your listening skills, but also your reading skills. Since you will have read the story you will know what it is about, what the characters are like and how the story develops. Here’s a list of movies that have been adapted from books: https://www.imdb.com/list/ls050071819/